Providing the Best in Availability, Stability & Efficiency
Data Center Space:
- Management of our Data Center is provided by Tech Group, Inc., one of Vermont’s premier IT Service companies.
- We incorporated Schneider Electric’s industry-leading technologies across the board in our facility including, APC, Square D, PELCO and Continuum One controls which integrates APC’s “InfraStruXure” technology. These automated systems manage and monitor all of our facilities resources including – power, cooling, humidity, lighting, security, and total environmental management. These advanced systems allow us to monitor our data centers’ PUE in real time and truly allow for a fully integrated approach for facility operations and data collections.
- Anti-static floor on structural slab on grade construction… you won’t find a raised floor here!
- Data Center exterior envelope utilizes perimeter wall construction “level medium” as specified by the Office of Homeland Security.
Data Center Cooling & Environment:
- Cooling utilizes Schneider Electrics, APC industry-leading “In Row” cooling technology with integrated humidification.
- Cooling design is customized to accommodate standard, high density, and super high density rack environments to accommodate the differing needs of our clients.
- In Row cooling systems are fully redundant N+1 architecture throughout.
- Data Center environment maintained at optimum performance levels via APC’s InfraStruXure Central Enterprise Management systems and all systems are monitored and managed 24/7/365 by Schneider Electrics Continuum One automated controls software.
Security & Access:
- Customer “Man Trap” access-only via triple token security processes with dual-factor biometric scan, integrated HID proximity card reader, and secured personal identification number (PIN) providing the highest level of security for our Data Center entry.
- Authorized customer access available 24/7/365.
- Video surveillance cameras utilized externally and internally throughout our Data Center, providing 24/7/365 recorded data coverage.
- Our Data Center entrance is less then 200 feet from the main entrance of the South Burlington Police Department headquarters.
- At full build out Tech Vault is designed to be a 1 MEG facility. Our Data Center employs a dedicated utility company service feed and 1,000 Kva transformer, allowing for two 1,200 amp power feeds directly into our facility.
- Our facilities cooling and electrical infrastructure are completely independent from the host building we are located in. Our system design allows for dual 500KW APC’s Symetra UPS’s and high voltage power distribution from the UPS to in-row remote power distribution units at 415 volt, then through redundant APC-PDU’s feeds to each IT rack.
- Power is available at the rack in 120 volt or 240 volt configurations.
- Emergency Generator systems are designed for dual diesel 800 KW CAT / ASCO automatic transfer switch (ATS) gen sets to support our Data Center in the event of any power outage .
- Our Data Center is an ISP Carrier neutral facility. We currently have two tier-one providers installed at our facility: Level 3 and Fairpoint.
- Each carrier provides diverse national, regional & statewide fiber networks.
- Tech Vault is a node on each carrier’s regional SONET ring.
- Dual entrance fiber routes are installed from both providers into our facility, each carriers internet infrastructure are located in separate and secured rooms inside Tech Vault .
- Virtually unlimited internet capacity is available from both providers.
- Internet is designed utilizing Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) thus allowing us to provide 100% internet availability within Tech Vault’s SLA’s.
Additional Tech Vault Features:
- 24/7/365 fuel supply agreements in place in case of prolonged power outages.
- Advanced NOVEC-1230 SAPPHIRE clean agent fire suppression system is utilized in our facility
- On-site “remote hands” available 24/7 by Tech Group, Inc.
- Ample on site parking available anytime day or night.
- 100% uptime SLA for bandwidth and power.
- Fully secure loading dock includes a 5,000 hydraulic lift for easy access to any size truck or van for ease of hardware off-loading.
Click here for a PDF of Tech Vault, Inc. Fast Facts